Monday, August 11, 2008

A couple more notes about the trip

     Our first main stop after leaving the comforts of home was my brother's in Kansas City. We enjoyed a nice visit and decided to head to the family 'Y' for a swim. My brother is a member there, so we followed like little lemmings into the pool area, he and I and 5 little ones in tow. So after we get our suits on, my brother wants to go outside and check out the water slide. I thought he knew where he was going so I followed. Well, not so. He heads right for the door that says 'Emergency Exit' and pops the door and ... 'RRR, RRR, RRR, RRR, RRR' goes the alarm and here we are, all 7 of us, standing in the hallway dumbfounded. After a couple of seconds, my brother realizes that we kind of headed down the wrong road, so we moved inside the pool to start our swim. After about 20 minutes, they finally got the 'RRR, RRR, RRR, RRR' turned off.
     The kids were enjoying themselves but everyone decided that they needed to head outside to try out the water slide. We make our way out and it is raining and getting much colder but the kids are adamant about going down the slide, so off they went. Well, after about 2 seconds in the water they all began to turn blue and their teeth were chattering so loudly that you could hear it. Needless to say, they all started yelling about how cold it was and that they need to go in, so back in we went.     
      So we get back in and I'm sitting in the water and I happened to run my hand under my rt knee and I noticed this rather obvious swelling. My knee wasn't really tight or anything, so I didn't think much of it. Well, for the remainder of the trip it decided to constantly remind me of its presence. Especially during packing and unpacking the roof-rack. Too much fun. Well, I am currently awaiting the results of my MRI, so wish me luck.
     I can't wait until we head back the other direction.
More Later!!

p.s. a few more photos for your enjoyment.
     

No comments: