Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lenticular Clouds


Hello all,
First off, I have to tell you how much fun G and the other girls are having with this thing on the MAC called 'Photo Booth'. They sit around many days and record movies of themselves, shot pictures and just whatever. Well, as many of you know, all my girls are officially undiagnosed ADHD kids. We have a terrible time getting them to focus on regular things, though they usually focus during playtime (go figure). Well, G was working the Photo Booth the other day and got a bt distracted just as she set it up to take a picture. Here is what she got ...

that darn TV

Well, too much fun.
My brother sent me some pictures the other day and I just had to share them. Below are some pics of a phenomenon called 'Lenticular clouds'. I read the short synopse but don't really recall the story behind them. I remember a bit about thing being dry and the rain clouds setting up in just the right conditions and the air coming off the mountain just right, and voila (hey French teacher, check my spelling!!) Anyway, here are some of the more interesting pics he sent. 
Way cool.

dig the cool colors

I love the fall colors in the foreground!! 
Miss that!!

Take care all.



1 comment:

Holly said...

Those are amazing pictures, even the first one...now that's funny.